The International Congress for School Effectiveness and Improvement (ICSEI) business office is now located at the Gonski Institute for Education (GIE) at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. The partnership between ICSEI and GIE was officially announced at its 2019 congress in Stavanger, Norway.
This collaboration is important for multiple reasons. There is a strong alignment between the aims and mission of both organisations. Both organisations focus on addressing inequality in education and improving the quality of education and improving education through research, policy, and practice. Together we will work to identify ways of improving education around the world, such as through the provision of professional learning services, and through organising events to disseminate our knowledge.
Research Fellows Program
The Gonski Institute for Education and ICSEI’s Research Fellows Program invites academics, educators, government officials and postdoctoral scholars from around the world to UNSW Sydney for up to 6-weeks in 2020 to collaborate and conduct research on a topic of interest.
The principal objective of the Research Fellows Program is the production of scholarship through the advancement of research. Fellows are welcome to participate in academic activities such as lectures, seminars and conferences and will be encouraged to present their research at a specially organised event.
Research Fellows will be given the opportunity to share their research with colleagues, students, and the broader University and receive comment and feedback. In this way, they contribute to the intellectual life of the UNSW Gonski Institute for Education and provide an opportunity for the community to learn about current issues in educational research from a global perspective.
A travel stipend of US $5,000 is available for successful applicants.
Alignment with ICSEI’s purpose
This research fellowship aligns with ICSEI’s objectives to:
- critically engage with new ideas
- conduct and promote research
- develop knowledge, policies, and practices
- innovate as world-class leaders in enhancing the quality and equity of education for all people around the world
- develop ideas, knowledge and research about the field, and communicate this in the public domain.
Goals of the fellowship
This programme aims at strengthening the interconnections between school effectiveness and school improvement (theory and practice) and help early career scholars, academics, educators, government officials and postdoctoral scholars to focus on the core issues of the GIE and ICSEI research agendas.
How to apply
Applications for the 2020 round closed on 5 March 2020. Information on the 2021 round will be available on this website in November 2020.
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Research proposal aligned with the Gonski Institute for Education’s mission statement, with one page abstract
- Recent publication in English. The publication may be an academic journal paper, submission, report, opinion piece or equivalent.
- Proposed fellowship dates for physical stay in Sydney, Australia in 2020
For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org